For nearly 40 years, MET has been testing electricity meters. MET is a full-service testing and certification laboratory providing product safety, EMC, environmental, wireless and telecom testing. MET is accredited by A2LA and NVLAP as a testing laboratory and is an A2LA accredited certification body.
MET is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) as a Certification Body (CB). As a CB, MET provides all the required testing, follow-up inspections and labeling required to sell electrical products in Canada. MET Laboratories is officially approved by SCC to act as an Inspection Body (IB) to perform product safety field inspections in Canada.
MET is the only organization to receive recognition from Measurement Canada to test previously approved electricity meters which have been modified and require re-certification.
MET is an FCC-designated Telecommunications Certification Body (TCB), authorized to issue Grants of Equipment Authorization, and is recognized by VCCI and BSMI.
MET is a Competent Body for the European EMC Directive and a Notified Body for the R&TTE Directive.
MET performs wireless testing to greater than 200GHz. MET provides RFID regulatory and performance testing, and is the exclusive lab for EPCglobal Inc. for hardware and software certification testing programs.
- First OSHA-licensed Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and is the leading meter testing and certification laboratory in the US
- Only company recognized by Measurement Canada to test electricity meters
- Approved by the Public Service Commission of Maryland to act as a electricity submeter testing laboratory
- Voting member in ANSI C12 Main committee
- Voting member in NIST’s Smart Grid Interoperability Panel (SGIP) Testing & Certification Committee (SGTCC)
- TCB (Telecommunications Certification Body) for FCC
- RF test facility for US, Canadian and international wireless standards
MET is the first independent testing laboratory licensed by OSHA under its Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) program, approved to test and certify to over 170 product categories for product safety certification.